Tuesday, January 11, 2011

11-365 / Jan 11

Sigh of Relief Moment~~
I know I'm not alone in this experience, many other parents have been on the receiving end of that horrible phone call, "Mom, I've kinda been in an accident".  But, my heart just about stopped.  All of the "what ifs" and "I should have told him to avoid that road in the snow" and "why didn't I..."  and worst of all, "Didn't I just ask God to hold them in the palm of His hand? Wasn't this my post just yesterday?"  Then truth, realization set in...Thank You God for holding my children safely in the palm of Your hand, Thank You God for keeping my children safe on the side street, instead of the main road which was a few feet away, Thank You God for the kind man who spoke to me on my son's cell phone, reassuring me (despite the fact that his car was just hit) that my kids were okay.  Thank You God for bringing Kyle and Zack home safely today!  My heart if full of relief!  *sigh*

Here's my Kyle with his first dose of what that icky citation looks like...

1 comment:

  1. That is a call you never want to receive. But if you do it feels like your heart in your throat. Glad the boys are both okay and there is only a minor damage to big blue. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete